As an employee of Akata, you will have received a document setting out specific terms and conditions of service as they relate to your post (if you have not received this, you will do so within 8 weeks of your commencement date ). This includes details of:
- the names of the employer and the employee;
- the date when the employment (and the period of continuous employment) begin;
- remuneration and the intervals at which it is to be paid;
- hours of work;
- holiday entitlement;
- entitlement to sick leave, including any entitlement to sick pay;
- pensions and pension schemes;
- the entitlement of employer and employee to notice of termination;
- job title (or a brief job description);
- where it is not permanent, the period for which the employment is expected to continue, or, if it is for a fixed term, the date when it is to end.
- either the place of work or, if required to work in more than one location, an indication of this and of the employers’ address;
- details of the existence of any relevant collective agreements which directly affect the terms and conditions of your employment, and;
- details of employment if expected to work outside of South Africa.
Further detailed policies and procedures which may not be mentioned as part of this document, but which still form part of your conditions of employment with us can be accessed through your department manager. This handbook also summarises the main terms of your employment.
Akata reserves the right to change its terms & conditions and employment policies from time to time. You will be notified at the earliest opportunity of these changes by way of the general notice to all employees affected by the change. Where a contractual change in your terms and conditions of employment results in a change to your written statement of particulars of employment, we will give you a written statement of the change at the earliest opportunity.